Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Monkey Trouble

I spent this past weekend at a hill station called Matheran, about 2 hours from Bombay. I stayed at a lovely little resort which was a nice escape from the city. As much as I love Bombay, it is absolutely necessary to leave every once in a while. As relaxing as Matheran is, there are monkeys everywhere, and let me tell you, I do not trust monkeys. They're little furry ass holes, and they are smarter than us. While I was just reading on the hammock, loads of monkeys went scurrying by me, coming way too close for comfort. It was 4 o' clock on the dot, and they were all going in the same direction. WHERE WERE THEY GOING?!!?! I don't know, but I can tell you one thing, they were up to no good.

 On Sunday, we decided to do some hiking. And by hiking, I mean leisurely strolling through the woods, to check out the beautiful viewpoints. On our way back to the hotel, a group of monkeys came running up to us, at first we thought, no big deal, they're everywhere. But no, these monkeys wanted something from us. They started hissing at us, monkey hissing. And opening their mouths wide like they were going to eat us. Out of fear, we threw our drinks at them and ran in the other direction. My life flashed before my very eyes. I know alllllll about the woman whose face was chewed off by her friend's monkey. I know what they are capable of. Luckily, they just wanted our Fanta and Limca.

 Like I said, they are little furry ass holes...

 


Quote of the day: "Feel free to feel me"- written on the T-shirt of an Auntie.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up your blogging! Loving the insight into your life in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a picture of these monkeys? how big were they?

    ReplyDelete