Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stuff your saris in a sack!

It's been forever, but I'm back! I have too compelling of a story not to share. And by compelling, I mean ridonk. I am in India now, been here for about a month. The Motherland! I came here for an internship with an organization called Women and Child Welfare Foundation. That's right. I flew 25 hours for that. Twenty. Five. Hours. To a land where people don't wear deodorant or care to use toilets to relieve themselves. And where people have never heard of a trashcan. I came all the way here for that internship. And guess what? That internship is over. When someone as unprofessional as I am, complains about how unprofessional someone else is, that's saying something! The woman who runs the organization has no office, no organizational skills, and probably no other skills in life. Ok, that's a little drastic, but probably true. But I've never experienced such unprofessionalism. She had me come to her "home office" where she would be lounging around in pajamas with her entire family, as they all watched Indian soap operas. Her dad sat in the room making old man noises. Like this:





I finally had enough and started meeting with other organizations, and will start a new internship with a wonderful one called "SNEHA" next week. They had an actual office! And actual employees! And actual projects to work on! Yay! Besides that, India is India. Hot and stinky. Just the way I like it. Until next time, fools! Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment